The Cost of a High-Maintenance or Drifting Executive and the Steps to Change
The cost of doing nothing with a high-maintenance / drifting executive:
- Unhappy employees = less productivity = less profitability.
- A disgruntled or drifting employee can spoil the productivity of the whole team.
- It costs on average 150% to 400% of their annual salary to replace mid-to-high-level employees.
- It may take a new employee one to two years to reach the productivity of an existing person.
- Highly engaged employees are 87% less likely to leave the organization.
The proven method for this Lifeline for Leaders program consists of these four steps:
- The high-maintenance/drifting executive and the coach have a confidential session, usually about 1½ hours. More than one session may be required if the executive does not know the lifeline is a last hope.
- The coach has a follow-up, confidential conversation with the manager to hear about any “miraculous” signs seen since the initial session, estimated to be seen in 85% of the time.
- The coach gives a recommendation of either a six-month coaching program or “uncoachable.”
- Action Plan: If coachable, the coaching program is begun immediately. Or if uncoachable, we can explore options available to the managers.
Call 904-705-4567 NOW.